issue with a sime format 30 HE combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly I am a bit of a boiler newbie so please forgive any stupidity on my behalf. I have recently moved into my first property. Which has the sime boiler installed it has recently developed an error with the hot water and central heating. When a hot water tap is opened the boiler turns on but that is all. Before, when it worked, after a couple of seconds it would make a second noise and the bi colour led 2 would turn Orange,and I would have hot water. Now if I leave the hot water tap on after a few mins the led 1 flash green. Having downloaded the manuals it tells me that this is a fan error. But not sure what this means in terms of cost of repair/replacement or what it really means. I have also noted that the pressure is low, between .25 and .50 the system has a flexible filling loop installed but I am not sure what pressure the system should be operating at. Any advice, guidance or help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Look at FAQ on this site and repressurise to about 1.5 Bar.

If this does not cure it then for gas/combustion aspects you need a registered engineer.

Most would charge a diagnostic fee of about £84 and if a new fan were needed that might be about £100-£180. It could be other causes though.

Have you had the boiler properly serviced?

Tony

Thanks for the info. The previous owner had the boiler routinely serviced and I aim to continue that. Just for piece of mind if nothing else. I will re pressurise and see if that helps if not will get a corgi plumber out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back