Issues with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Any experts on Hive here, I have had the Hive thermostat about 3 months now and intermittently like this morning its set at 16.5 degrees at 0830 but the radiators are on and the app shows its set to 19 degrees. I spoke to Hive support who reset the system but didn't properly understand my problem kept going on about ambient temperature but surely if its set to 16.5 its shouldn't come on if its higher in the house, I dont have time today to spend another morning with them so I can do it later in the week but I wondered if anybody has any ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hive single channel or dual channel, what boiler ? any other controls timers etc ?

Dual channel, no other controls and boiler is Vaillant Eco Tec plus 615

Sponsored Links
It’s possible that your heating zone valve is passing ,so when it’s on for hot water it seeps into the rads

Dont think its that as the Hive shows a target of 19 degrees , I think its faulty tbh but gotta get Hive support to sort out or agree

yes you have an S plan, most likely that you have a faulty zone valve than a faulty Hive, Hive is simply a switch, not much to go wrong

Are you sure your stat isn't set in 'stand-alone' mode?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back