Honeywell ST9400S1001 to Hive SLRC1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler is a WB GreenStar 38CDi Classic.

We bought the Hive Thermostat Receiver and Hub for Combi boiler.

The Honeywell had cabling to its Earth, Live, Neutral 3 and 4 terminals (terminals 1 and 2 not connect/wired).
The Hive Receiver was wired the same.

All paired and Hub set up.

But.....

Hot Water is ON .. Good
Heating though is off ... Wont come on even when I set it to Boot on Heating. I see why people say it will save on bills ... the thing wont switch my heating on!

Also the Hive App and thermostat only register/show the heating settings, nothing for hot water.

Sponsored Links
Did you make any changes to the room thermostat as that may help diagnosing your problem.

Looking a bit further I suspect you have fallen into the trap of swapping a programmer supporting HW & CH (ST9400) to a Hive Combi. The wiring requirements are different, the ST9400 had L & N (for power) and #3 for HW & #4 for CH. Given you have a Combi the connection on #3 probably did nothing.

If you look at the Hive Combi wiring needs, in addition to the L & N connections. You need to add a link wire on the back plate between L & 1, safely terminate whatever was in #3 in a terminal block or wago, then move what was previously in #4 across to #3.

The app won't show anything for HW as that's not controlled by Hive on a combi.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back