ISTOR HE 325 BOILER FAULT - PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can anyone help!!

I have an Istor HE325 BOILER

UNTIL TWO DAYS AGO, NO PROBLEMS!!

BASICALLY THERE IS NO DISPLAY (TO SHOW ANY FAULTS)
I HAVE CHECKED THE SOCKET FUSE AND ITS OK, A SPARKY HAS ALSO TESTED FOR POWER AND ITS GETTING TO THE SWITCH ON THE BOILER
HOWEVER THE BOILER IS NOT IGNITING UP AT ALL (COMPLETELY DEAD!!)

QUESTION IS, IS IT LIKELY TO BE THE PCB UNIT

THANK YOU FOR HELPING! :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Knowing that boiler its most likely, considering Ideal do a one off fixed fee repair that is genarally the best option. In the past they had some nasty problems with fans,pcb's and holes in the main heat exchanger due to a design fault.

Ideal fixed price repair is most likely cheapest repair.
Theses and the other isar, icos boilers have awful reliability.
Expect it to eat a PCB every two years at £200+ each time.
So British gas or other repair insurance is a must if you own one
and expect frequent breakdowns.

I advised customers to replace them.

hi, just to add to last comments, i am a bg engineer and we go to masses of this range of ideal boilers and guarantee you will have lots of breakdowns, sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!!!

Sponsored Links
sorry, forgot to answer your Q, basically when display is blank it's either simply your display pcb or your main pcb but what we find quite commonly is if it is the main pcb its because there is a water leak in the combustion chamber and drips down onto main pcb so ,even if you change it it'll happen again unless you repair the leak which could be costlly as it could be the heat exchanger has corroded through/ or the sump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back