It seems like General has become specific

M

Mickymoody

There are lots of posts, that are relating to specific faults, in the General DIY section?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps our hosts should consider providing forums for every specific question Micky.

Curtain forum (for all curtain specific problem
TV forum (instead of Audio Visual)
Sound System Forum (for stereo's, surround sound, I Pod's etc)
Washing Machine Forum (not for any other appliances )
Cooker Forum (only cooker specific questions please)
Plumbing forum could be split up into various sections (IE Taps and sinks. Copper pipes, Plastic pipes. boiler problems. Sprinkler systems .Metering problems.Drainage.Hot water. Cold water.Tepid water. Freezing section etc

Electrics too. Hows about splitting that up into.. Lighting. Radial circuits. Ring circuits. Switches. Dimmers. Heating. Meters. Fuses. Industrial wiring. Consumer Units etc

The lists of forums on here would be endless ....

Sponsored Links
I'm just saying that specific questions that could be posted in specific forums, that already exist. Seems like people get blase and post in general, where they would get a better response in a specific forum, of their choice, there are a lot to choose from. I think it's kind of like queue jumping, as general is better read, but the best info would be from a specific forum, rather than a general answer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back