Ive been Flashed today ....

securespark said:
andyandy2 said:
...Who'd have thought that great bastion of law & order (our police forces) could be blatently forcing timid ignorants to pay a fine and accept points that have been unlawfully issued??...

I would !!
They are just taking their lead from our sorry government.

Stick a pensioner in jug over council tax and let habitual crims off with an 'Asbo', FFs an Asbo !
A bit like issuing the guys in Iraq with paint guns.

:D

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
As regards being notified in 14 days because the letter comes in the normal post and not by recorded delivery you can deny ever receiving it , this also works

Lol, no this doesn't work. Yes you can deny till the cows come home but they won't stand for it.

£60 and three points mate. Speed awareness courses are usually offered because of excessive speed, saying that 45 is in fact excessive in a 30 so there may be a chance.

Lets see what happens anyway, hopefully you won't get a nip ;)

bugger.....I thought this 2 pager was about someone jumping out the bushes , all priapic :oops:

Mw Roofline said:
namsag said:
As regards being notified in 14 days because the letter comes in the normal post and not by recorded delivery you can deny ever receiving it , this also works

Lol, no this doesn't work. Yes you can deny till the cows come home but they won't stand for it.
It neither "works" nor fails. The point is that the NIP (or its equivalent) has only to be sent, not arrive, and it's deemed to have been sent when they say it was sent, unless there's evidence to the contrary.

Courts are lenient if post doesn't arrive, as long as it's a reasonable claim, but it doesn't make the crime go away, and merely delays the punishment, rather than prevents it.

Sponsored Links
I havent recieved nowt so ...maybe it was bus that flashed lights ..lol ?

LOL @ Nige F
its always some sad pathetic bloke innit ...

why never some hot fit lass ...?
but then again just have to go to local pub/club areas an see them young birds flashing after a few alco pops ..lol...lol

but if I take pics on a mobie/cam of street flashers an upload em too a mates /Igor site like v*y*urweb...
I get busted ...:(
Double standards , I tell you , hmm .. :(

Do you really have to receive the notice of speeding within 14 days?? A friend of mine was caught speeding on the motorway a couple of years ago - a couple of days under 6 months later she got her letter through the post..... She was in a leased work car, did that make any difference??

mazzab said:
Do you really have to receive the notice of speeding within 14 days?
When it's a camera, then yes, simply because you have to be made aware of the intention to prosecute within that time.

If 'your friend' was stopped by a police officer and cautioned, then she was made aware of the offence at the time, and the police then have up to six months to lay the information before the court. The court will then send you a summons, so it's even possible that it will arrive marginally after six months.

She was in a leased work car, did that make any difference?
Unless she's claiming that the car was faulty, and caused the excessive speed, then it doesn't make any difference.

Well it was a speed camera, she went through roadworks rather faster than the 50mph speed limit that had been put there. No police officer to be seen. She only thought she'd been caught because she saw the flash. But it was still neary 6 months before she got her letter through the post.

The only reason I mentioned she was in a leased car is because Securespark says on page one that..... "As long as the vehicle is not a company car, they HAVE TO notify you within 14 days - if they don't, you're off the hook, despite what they tell you". I just wondered if leased cars came under this heading....

mazzab said:
Well it was a speed camera, she went through roadworks rather faster than the 50mph speed limit that had been put there. No police officer to be seen. She only thought she'd been caught because she saw the flash. But it was still neary 6 months before she got her letter through the post.
This is vague. What did that "letter" say?

There's a scenario in which the 14-day period becomes extended, which is when the driver of the car is unknown to the police, and they are following enquiries in order to find out. The first step in the process is to write to the owner of the car, and this has to be initiated within 14 days.

The only reason I mentioned she was in a leased car is because Securespark says on page one that..... "As long as the vehicle is not a company car, they HAVE TO notify you within 14 days - if they don't, you're off the hook, despite what they tell you". I just wondered if leased cars came under this heading....
I think we'll have to leave it to securespark to explain what he meant by that.

there's a letter that you can send with the NIP when you admit it was you that can sometimes get you off with it..

it basically says that since it's a confession they are after before they prosecute, and that you have not been cautioned of your rights then you do not consent to the NIP being used in court as evidence.. at which point they sometimes drop the case.

you HAVE to send the NIP back or get a hefty fine..

if they then send someone round to caution you then you don't have to admit to being the driver as you have the right to silence :D

this all falls down if they have photo evidence of your face in at least 2 photographs.. they've got you bang to rights then...

ColJack said:
there's a letter that you can send with the NIP when you admit it was you that can sometimes get you off with it.
Please define "sometimes".

if they then send someone round to caution you then you don't have to admit to being the driver as you have the right to silence :D
You don't have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you don't mention, when questioned, something that you later rely on in court. :rolleyes:

this all falls down if they have photo evidence of your face in at least 2 photographs.. they've got you bang to rights then...
The way to avoid getting done for speeding is really very simple. Don't speed.

try this..... http://www.pepipoo.com/

neither agreeing with it or not. Can say it worked for me though. Like Chrisbyrd said no speeding no fine............Difficult sometimes not to though and its nice when you can get one over the stealth taxing money grabbers :LOL:

Softus
just a point are you a lady ?

as you can be very pedantic /criticial at times ...?

My standards must be slipping - I aim to be pedantic all of the time. ;)

And Moz, I'm a little shocked at the suggestion - can't you feel the brotherly love dude?

I respect you here........ dude !

even if you was a dudette ...;)

But Im so far pedantic

(maybe me ...childhood rotten/drunk mother/leaving issues )

in the real world than you, when sober ?....
an have issues on something ..lol..lol

I think Vic Meldrew was our real dad though ..lol .....lol....lol.....lol....lol :)

Sponsored Links
Back