Jaguar 23Kw Combi Boiler. Heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Jaguar 23Kw Boiler. Central heating works fine but boiler does not fire up when I turn the hot taps on.

I will be renting the house soon and therefore had a gas safety inspection yesterday. The engineer failed to switch the gas back on initially so nothing worked at all initially but boiler was then OK once I switched the gas back on. I had hot water from my taps on numerous occasions after he left yesterday.

Woke up this morning..... boiler does not fire up when I switch the hot taps on and therefore no hot water.

I have been told to remove micro switch (black box on right of diverter valve) and watch for silver pin move in and out when I switch the hot tap on. I have also been told that I can stick a match in the micro switch to manually test it.

How do I check/ manually operate micro switch? Do I have to remove the micro switch (black box)? and if so, how do you remove this? I noticed that the micro switch has a removeable cover but do I remove the cover or remove the whole switch?

Boiler pressure was 1.4 but I increased this to 1.7 to see if it would have an effect but it didn't.

Thanks in advance..............

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back