worcester 24cdi boiler no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could someone help me,i have the above boiler the ch works fine but there is no hot water.Ive been told i need a new diaphragm in the divertor valve,however if i run the hot tap slowly the valve does not press the micro switch.If i run the hot tap hard enough it does press the micro switch and the boiler fires up but still no hot water,if i run the hot tap slowly and press the micro switch manually theres still no hot water.If the ch has been on i get hot water for about 10 secs or so.Ive seen a 24 cdi manual that suggests maybe the hot water sensor,the hot water thermistor or even the gas flow valve are to blame,also there are no flashing fault lights on the front panel all lights work ok.would be really gratefull for any helpful info thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler fires but no hot water comes from the tap then your diverter valve s shot.

Ayup, sounds like a duff diverter. Unless you are an experienced boiler repairer, don't try to change the diaphragm.
In fact, to safe you lots of hassle and potentially more cost, get a proper heating engineer to do the job, and let him check the sytem and do a service whilst he is at it.

Hi, thanks for the helpful advise you were right it was the divertor valve i got a new diaphragm £20 and a set of new o rings and washers £20 and downloaded a worcester manual.four and a half hours later i,d had the valve out stripped it down cleaned it and the water exchanger,fitted the new diaphragm put it all back together and had red hot water and ch straight away with no leaks anywhere from the boiler which was a massive relief.im really glad i decided to have ago myself and save a good few quid especially after watching rogue traders on tv.however i totally agree with the comments ive read this is a bit of a swine of a job and i wouldn,t recomend anyone to do it who isn,t mechanically minded and competent reading instructions and using tools.thanks again for the good advise.

Sponsored Links
you're luck man.. the last 3 ive done have resulted in the boiler coming off the wall due to the isolationvaklves leaking when pulling out the divertor. and no i never turn off isolation valves :LOL: .

think im just gunna call it beginers luck,and if it goes again put the house up for sale!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back