jaguar 23kw combi - temperature overshoots setpoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pressure was shooting upto 3.5 bar solved by replacing expansion vessel with VAREM external 8 litre unit and pressure goes from 1.2 to 1.5 bar when hot.
But now the CH temperature overshoots setpoint by over 10 degrees. Radiators seem to be getting hot fairly quickly. Then when burner cuts out temperature drops very rapidly. occasionally the boiler fails to fire up. Hear the pump running but only way to get it to fire seems to be to switch power off for few minutes and back on again. No error messages on display. Any pointers please?

Sponsored Links
A CORGI would be checking the gas settings first.

Next he would check the sensors are clean.

This is intended to be a very simple boiler and does not have a max CH power setting available.

Tony

Tony Thanks for prompt response.
Wondered if anyone had experienced the reason for having to turn the power off and on to make it fire up even though there were no error messages on the display?

Because they are usually cheaply fitted without cleaning the system its probably struggling to operate the system flow switch ( if it has one! ).

Ton y

Sponsored Links
Tony I certainly agree this is one of the worst boilers I have come across. Very unreliable - DHW diaphragm, Expansion vessel, leaking o-rings etc etc and it is under 5 years old. Not to mention the monopoly on parts sales and their costs.
Thanks again. I will check through all sensors and flow switches as suggested. Happy New Year

I have to disagree.

Like all boilers with a diaphragm they need replacing every 4-6 years. If only people had annual services then we would replace them every four years to avoid failure.

I have never been to Jaguar which had failed from anything other than dirt in the system and a few sticky gas valves as a result of Transco's glycol in the system.

Although one a couple of weeks ago had a failed fan but it had been butchered with fuses bypassed etc. so it was unclear why the fan had overheated so badly. It was certainly not stuck.

They are one of my favourite simple non condensing boilers! Simple and reliable.

Its a pity they were so cheap that they were never fitted properly.

Tony

I waited over 6 weeks for an Expansion Vessel for a Jaguar. I then came across another slightly older one. Cant remember exactly what part it needed only that it would take 3weeks+ to arrive. What good is there having a combi that works well etc. but when you do need a part it is not readily available.

Tony it is heartening to hear that the Jaguar is more reliable than I had made it out to be. Thanks for the tip on diaphragm change every 4 years or so. The first time I had to do this spares insisted that I had to buy the whole brass valve assembly and throw the rest away. Numerous phone calls and explaining that we had to be a little more environmentally reponsible still did not bring a solution from technical support. Thanks to this board I have now located the replacement diaphragm at Parts Center. I also sympathise with "slugbabydotcom" as I have just had the same problem with the delivery of the expansion vessel. Fortunately I have now been forced to fit a VAREM 8 litre external replacement which really is a more sensible solution, cheaper and didn't have to take the boiler off the wall.

I digress now but as a matter of interest I have had to replace both PCB's within a 1 year period on an Ideal C24 Combi boiler. Is there anywhere we can have a reliability rating on which boilers are the most reliable etc so that it helps when we specify them to clients?

I digress now but as a matter of interest I have had to replace both PCB's within a 1 year period on an Ideal C24 Combi boiler. Is there anywhere we can have a reliability rating on which boilers are the most reliable etc so that it helps when we specify them to clients?

The Ideal Mini C24 is a rebadged Biasi M90-24.

The PCBs are very reliable and although you will meet the very odd ingition board failure its very unusual to have a control board failure.

We might change 3-4 ignition units in a year but no more than one control board every two years.

As for Suprima PCBs... !!!

Tony

Hello

I note that you have a Jaguar 23kw boiler.

My Jaguar 23kw boiler broke down a few days ago and I cannot find the instruction manual anywhere. The Corgiman would like a manual in order to properly diagnose the problem.

The Glow-worm website does not hold copies of the instruction manual and the instruction manual team on on their hols until the end of the week.

So I was wondering if there is anyway you would be able to fax email or post a copy of your instruction manual to me?

Thank you

Whilst I appreciate that there are some inadequate people trying to fix boilers, I would expect any competent "Corgiman" would have access to manuals for all common boilers either through his own boiler man CDs, an independent site or ARGI.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back