Jaguar Bolier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a problem with a Jaguar combi boiler 22kw.

Had air in the bathroom rad recently which I bled and then re-pressurised the system (within its limits). The boiler ran for a few days normally until it then just stopped.

Hot water is still available but no rads. The message J1 appears when the boiler is switched off then back on, but this fault code is not in the booklet.

Any ideas please anyone.

Sponsored Links
It's not in the service manual either :rolleyes:
Call to Hepworth Heating I'm afraid.

J1 is the software version iirc. check the system pressure, needs to be above 0.8 bar.

Sponsored Links
If I Remember Correctly.
think he does, went to 1 today-they always show J1 on power up for a second or 2[/u]

OK Gents, thanks for advice so far, any thoughts as to actual problem, I appreciate its difficult when you're not stood in front of it. Someone suggested the pump could be gone? seems odd as it as working for a few days after re-pressure then nothing?

The system when running hot was at 2.4, which I thought a little on the high side but within parameters of the boiler when I checked.

Any help much appreciated and my better half is desperate for her heating to be back on.

Thanks.

As the hot weater is OK the basic boiler is working.

Check the thermostat, timeclock etc.

If they are all Ok then the assumption is that a CH specific fault may have occured.

You could check the resistances of the two heat sensors with the boiler cold as a start but I expect they are OK..

Tony

Thanks Agile, I'll check the timeclock settings in the morning. I have reset the boiler with the wee re set button on the front of the control panel, but what I didn't do was re-set the time etc. Perhaps if I do this it may fire up? who knows, anyway I'll give it a try.

Pressed the re-set button and then re-set the clock and the boiler started working. After it had reached full temp I re-checked the pressure and it was running high at 3.4! I have bled off all the radiators (only one had air in) and it is now running hot at around 2/2.2.

I can only assume that the original fault was caused by the boiler shutting down because of this higher pressure?

Anyway its been working no probs since yesterday morning.

Thanks to all who took the trouble to respond.

It wouldn't KNOW about the pressure - unless it was seeping through some pressure switch or sensor and shorting something!

Actually it does know about the pressure!

Although its only a basic boiler it does have an analogue pressure sensor and a ADC to give a digital pressure display when yuo press the Bar/Mode button. However, whilst it has a low pressure inhibit it allows operation if the pressure is high.

Its the cold pressure thats important! It should be about 1.5 Bar and rise to less than 2.0 Bar when hot. If it rises more then see the FAQ on this site for further information.

As a simple boiler I think they are wonderful. The only slight design fault is they have a burner pressure of 15 mB which is difficult to achieve if the gas supply is at all undersized.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back