jaguar combi boiler cuircuit board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a jaguar combi boiler,I put it on the other day and it cut out and went to error f3
I put it on the other day and it cut out and went to error f3 heating exchanger blocked
I noticed smoke come out of the main circuit board I unscrewed it and noticed a componet had burned out on the main circuit board
the part that was burned out is at the top left of the board which is a single rectangler black coloured part which is one of two identical parts either side of re2 component

was wondering if anyone new how much it would cost to fix? or how much a new replacement boiler would be to have fitted? as boiler is 8 yrs old and I believe the circuit boards can cost £180

Sponsored Links
I have a jaguar combi boiler,I put it on the other day and it cut out and went to error f3
I put it on the other day and it cut out and went to error f3 heating exchanger blocked
I noticed smoke come out of the main circuit board I unscrewed it and noticed a componet had burned out on the main circuit board
the part that was burned out is at the top left of the board which is a single rectangler black coloured part which is one of two identical parts either side of re2 component

was wondering if anyone new how much it would cost to fix? or how much a new replacement boiler would be to have fitted? as boiler is 8 yrs old and I believe the circuit boards can cost £180

if you spend £180 on a new pcb you will still have an 8 yr old boiler on your hands. depending on the exisiting sytem, trv's roomstat etc. expect to pay around £1600. depends on your location really.

Without a photo I cannot guess what the burned component is.

Most burned PCB components have failed as a result of another boiler component having failed. So ther could well be two failed parts.

You may be in a suitable situation for a fixed price repair by BG.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back