jaguar combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a jaguar boiler the hotwater/heating are not working the display is showing 7D on the screen and other screen where it is red the numbers keep changing from14-15-16. Does anybody have any idear what the prob might be???
Thanks Jen

Sponsored Links
Which model is it?

Most of those only show the temperature, 1.4 as pressure or a fault code like F 1.

It could be that the PCB has failed.

But knowing which model would help me! Or how old it is?

Tony

Hi it is a Jaguar combi there is nothing on it to say model type, but It's around 5 years old. the pressure is fine all that I can see is a reading going from 17 18 and 19. I not sure if this info is any help to you. No F1 is showing or anything else!
Thanks Jen

In that case I dont think I can help any further.

I think that Glow-Worm take responsibility for then as a manufacturer and you could try calling their tech help.

Be prepared for a long wait as there are so many blocked condensate pipes around!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony for your help much appreciated. This is a strange one as the boiler fires up and it is not showing a fault code but heating and hotwater just not working.

If it fires up then the heat must be going somewhere and there are only the rads and the hot water to take the heat !

If only I knew the model number then I could look at the MI.

Tony

thanks tony, i have got more info on my jaguar 23 combi boiler, first thing is, i have a code, its 02101518133 and theres another one 24ktvj15...

if i cut the power to the boiler, and turn it back on, it fires up as normal until it reaches desired temperature, 80 degrees for example, but instead of comming back on when temperature has dropped (to maintain the desired temperature) it stays off, and you can see the numbers on the PCB board dropping until they reach about 20-25 degrees (room temperature). this indicates to me that the thermostat is working because it is showing me the correct temperature, but its as if the boiler is not responding to it. Could this be a problem with the PCB board?

Thats usually a PCB fault.

However, as this is expensive it would be normal to be VERY sure that the Ch sensor is not faulty.

If its the PCB then many would consider it might be time to invest in a modern condensing boiler.

Tony

thanks for that, if the CH sensor was faulty, would tha effect the HW aswell?because both arent working.

The CH sensor is also part of the temperature control on DHW.

However, you said it works for one cycle on CH.

What does it do on DHW?

Tony

it does the exact same thing. if i turn the hot tap on, the boiler will fire up and heat the water to desired temperature (60 degrees), once it has reached that temperature the boiler will cut out and ill watch the temperature reading drop from 60 to maybe 5 or 6. it wont come back on again even though the water is still flowing?

You need to put a 6.7 k resistor in place of the CH sensor and then monitor the resistance of the installed sensor.

Or use a spare sensor in place of the 6.7k resistor.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back