Jaguar XE will not start, why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At night a few times, the car will not start after pressing button, no warning message, and have travelled out to some where, and refused to start on return, so seems unlikely low battery, in the past waited, turned all extras off, retried and it has started.

There is no attempt to start when it fails, you hear some thing in boot running as switched on, but then nothing.

I tend to think some thing to do with on board computer, be it not starting because battery low, addblue low, or other reason, I think the engine management is telling car not to start, however with no report not a clue why it will not start, only pointer is always at night.

Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Does it respond to the button press at all? Does it start fine on the second attempt? I ask because I’ve found JLR cars to have an odd delay on the start button.

If there is no message on the displays but it’s registered the button press and not started I suspect you’re going to need it to be on the diagnostic kit while it’s showing the issue.

Sponsored Links
At night a few times, the car will not start after pressing button

My Mondeo Titanium X does a similar thing -it says 'key fob not detected' and wont start. If I leave for a second or 2 then try again it then starts fine. Never had it not start. Maybe its a delay in recognition.

Back