Jigsaw Help with Purchase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to buy a new jigsaw as my old Bosch one disintegrated on me.

I would like to purchase a really good professional one.

Will appreciate personal recommendations.

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I would like to add that I do a lot of worktop cutting to fit sink etc.

All the name brands are good - it's getting a good deal that matters.

joe 90, what does "all the name brands are good" mean?

Sponsored Links
It means all the name brands are good.

Hope this helps.

No it doesn't help.
And I can't see how a comment like that is supposed to help anyone.
The OP asked for personal recommendations.

You tell him then

I've used Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, Hitachi, etc and all were equally good. It's whether you get a good deal that matters.

Ok, my personal recommendation would be for my Bosch. But since it's about 20yrs old, I expect it's an obselete model. And it's mine, so the op can't have it.

I've got a DW331 it's pretty good, one of the better made bits of DW kit.

Thanks

I am really looking for very, very good quality. If there is special offer on it, so be it - as I know it will be very expensive. I am not really looking at price but wants it to cut in straight line and straight all the way down and works at reasonable speed. If It has a brake - that's better still.

Yes I have had problems with my bosch where it has cut worktops at an angle and it was a real Nightmare. Luckily I was able to get away with it within margin for error and using my experiance/skills.

Thanks for your reply so far and will be getting more info on those models recommended.

:D

Thanks

I am really looking for very, very good quality. If there is special offer on it, so be it - as I know it will be very expensive. I am not really looking at price but wants it to cut in straight line and straight all the way down and works at reasonable speed. If It has a brake - that's better still.

Yes I have had problems with my bosch where it has cut worktops at an angle and it was a real Nightmare. Luckily I was able to get away with it within margin for error and using my experiance/skills.

Thanks for your reply so far and will be getting more info on those models recommended.

:D

They will all cut at an angle if you try to cut to quickly, good downward pressure, but light forward pressure. Let it move forward lightly.

I have a Bosch, and it's the best I have ever owned.

It's the blade that decides to go wandering - not the power unit.

Thank you all.

I have bought the Bosch GST135 BCE as recommended from Axminster as their special deal was the cheapest that I could find.

Let the Jigsaw do the cutting. :) :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back