John Lewis JLWM1201 washing machine (made by Electolux)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 year gtee now 4 years old.

Problem started last night at the most inopportune moment. Have just come home from a major neck operation and have a load of clothes etc to wash that I used while in hospital (imagine the germs )

No matter what program I select, it merely selects "DRAIN" and empties the water after a minute then you hear the click of the door.

What could the problem be and is it worth calling someone out. A replacement one costs £299 ish.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just to add, looked in instructions and checked the faults finding guide.

The machine fills then empties
immediately
● The end of the drain hose is too low.
● The end of the drain hose is submerged in water.
● There is no vent in the end of the drain hose.

Not sure what the last point means...

Just tried to run it on cold wash to see if it was the heater element and does the same thing.

Draws in water for 1 min ish
stops
draws some more in then immediately switches over to "drain" and acts like end of program.

Don't want to get Serviceforce out as they say it will cost me £69 + parts +VAT and can't come until Friday.

Gotta wash these germ ridden hospital clothes!

HELP

Sponsored Links
Oh well, looks like i'll have to bend over when the repair man comes today! :mad:

UPDATE - for those that might be interested.

Tech just left, did a sequence to get error code E66 which turns out to be the MOST expensive component, the PCB. :mad: Took it out and showed me the black marks on the white plastic cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back