John williams wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please tell me what John Williams wallpaper is like to hang, and should I line walls first as well. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Never used it.

If it is fairly thin then, yes if the walls are fairly rough, line them.

However, if you decide that it is necessary to line the walls, I would recommend using the usual starch paste for the lining and then a PVA (premixed) based version for the JW paper.

1. yes thanks opps, knew that, just wondered if anyone has used it so I know what to expect, customer hasn't got paper yet but says its about £70 a roll and John Williams. Have heard people say not nice things about Sandersons paper but just used that and had no probs with it. any one else used J. W ? . thanks

As long as the walls are prepped properly and /or cross lined, you shouldn't have a problem. A ready mixed adhesive will slow the job down a bit but it will be better in the long run. Wipe every joint with a damp cloth and use a seam roller as well. Keep the joints tight but not overlapped.

Sponsored Links
hhhhmmnnn. I seem to be coming across as an amateur here lol, guys....I know I am a woman...but I do know how to hang wallpaper...:) just wanted to know if anyone has used the John Williams paper. thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back