Johnstone's covaplus vinyl matt brilliant white is actually not white at all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,

I tried to paint the ceiling with Johnstone's Covaplus Vinyl Matt, brilliant white but it looks more cream to me.

This can't be brilliant white.

Attachments

• 20210717_120814.jpg
    20210717_120814.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
Yes. But it was cream even after it dried.

Attachments

• 20210717_152517.jpg
    20210717_152517.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
I did and I finally finished with Crown. I just put the first coat in the bedroom but it left few marks of roller and that's why I was looking for something else that is better than Crown. But I put a bit of water, close all the windows and the door and this way I kept a wet edge. The ceiling is very absorbant and the paint dries very quickly.

CBW this is the plan. Nobody has this paint in stock where I live and I found this at a garden centre. I bought the last 3, went home and tried it. I was so disappointed because the ceiling in the living room is huge and I didn't want roller marks using Crown.

You could always try online, such as toolstation or screwfix, or even wider. I’ve always found Dulux and Crown suitable paints. A painter I used to know years ago said Wilko’s own paint was good - I never tried it so don’t know how much truth is in it, but he was a painter by trade.

Last edited:
Are you not planning to deal with the water stains in the picture (read:the cream areas)?

My go to is the shellac paints. They dry extremely quickly and brushes can be cleaned in household ammonia. You will then need to apply a further 2 coats of emulsion over the shellac.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back