Joinery work whilst plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just a quick one.

I've got a plasterer booked in for Friday and Saturday doing some work.

Basically, we're re-doing our sons' bedroom, works comprising:

- Strip walls - DONE!
- Strip ceiling paper (done in around 1940 by look of it) - DONE!
- New window board
- New skirtings and arcs
- Re-skim
- New laminate flooring
- Decorate

Couple of questions:

1. I'm in the process of ripping the skirts off to be re-placed with new Toros skirts. At present, skirts are 3" deep, as are arcs - very plain old looking skirtings.

Question is - if i strip off 3" and replace with 4" skirts - do i need to replace arc to suit? Would 3" skirts and 4" arc look silly? Only got arc to 1 side and head of door - as other side is flush with wall.

2. Window board at present is again old-looking with lots of layers of paint on it. Im guessing i need to rip it off before the plasterer lands so i don't disturb his work.

Walls at side of window at present run into other walls of room through a curve, rather than square corner - which we like.

At present, window is circa 190cm wide. However, window board side is 196cm, with circa 3cm each side due to the shape of it. I.e. room side is 196cm, then curves around corner to 190cm at window side of board. If you get me. Question - would a rectangular window - i.e. 190cm both sides look right, or a bit odd?

Any help appreciated!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back