Joining 15mm compression fittings together?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm joining two 15mm flexible pipes that have the compression nuts on the end as part of the fitting (to receive 15mm copper pipe)

I want a full bore cutoff valve in the middle (compression fitting).

Is there any other way of joining this all together without 2 short lenghts of 15mm pipe either side of the cutoff valve?, ie join the valve directly to the pipe flange with a special olive or fitting?.

No problem if not, it would just make the job a bit neater.

Cheers all!.

Sponsored Links
Without the short length of pipe in the iso valve there is no strength in the joint also the bore of a flexi is only 10mm which kind of makes the cost of a full bore valve redundant.

Yep, will just use the short copper lenghts then.

Was contemplating 22mm fleix pipes with reducing oilives to 15mm but after working out the pressure drop (0.02 bar for 300mm pipe?) it didn't seem worth the hastle.

Sponsored Links
Will be doing eventually!.

For some reason the main water feed enters the house through the front wall and then went back through the wall into the cavity after the stopcock?.

Needless to say a few Christmases (sp?) ago the pipe leaked, I ran 15mm copper as far up as I could but had to use a length of flexi pipe between floors to get back to the cold supply to the house.

I'm reluctant to go near this flexi again until necessary as I have to pull the flooring up in my sons bedroom so would rather not!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back