Joining 8 T&E Cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing a couple of new lighting circuits and need to join 8 (or so) feeds to a single T&E for going into my CU.

The longer term plan is to have a central bank of dimmers near the CU and I'll replace this 'thing' with an 8 channel intelligent dimmer - hence why I need to bring the individual light cables back and can't just branch off the previous light in the circuit.

In the meantime though I just want to get it in so I can upgrade at a later date.

I realise I could just daisy chain junction boxes but thought there may be a better method?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Presuming they are 1.0 or 1,5mm cables then a double surface pattrass with blanking plate will do with connector blocks inside as long as its accessable and the cables can be clipped upon entry.

R426171-11.jpg

Sponsored Links
Personally i'd just use an ordinary strip of terminal block inside a suitable enclosure. On one side I would have the cables to the lights with two wires per hole (so 12 holes total). On the other side I would have the incoming cable and link wires.

what dimmer are you going to use? looking recently there are a few that are DIN mounted, so Id go with a box with a DIN rail in it and some DIN mounted connector blocks (as BAS' pic)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back