Joining conservatory PVC frames - couplers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder whether someone can help me. I received a conservatory from a supplier but it doesn’t have couplers to join the frames. I have watched some videos on youtube and people are using couplers when joining frames. I have tried to get in touch with the supplier – but I have been told the factory is closed. Do you need couplers when joining upvc frames or can you just butt them against each other without them?

My second problem is that one of the frames is 100mm bigger - I’m guessing this cannot be reduced and I will need to source a new frame & double glazing glass?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dezi

Sponsored Links
If it needs couplers then supplier should have supplied them with the frames.
If one of the frames is 100mm too large who did the measuring?
If you, then you are responsible and will need to buy a new, correct sized, one. If the supplier then they re-supply correct frame at their expense.

Thanks Conny.

Due to Coronavirus the supplier is not available to answer my questions. But i want to get on with the project, so I wanted to know if it's possible to install the panels without the couplers?

The supplier took the frame measurements wrong - but they're not available to rectify the issue - so sounds like i might have to source another one separately!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back