Joining UPVC sections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried, successfully, to join UPVC window sections? The corners of UPVC windows are, I think, cut on a mitre jig and thermo welded. Is there a suitable glue available, to re-join two mitred sections? I have a number of conservatory windows & sections which are too large for a project which I have in mind and I should like to cut them down to smaller sizes, re-fitting them, of course, with smaller DG panels, or single panes of glass. For extra strength I should probably fit angle brackets on the outside, rebated sections. The easy way is just to order new frames to suitable sizes but, as I have all the materials to hand, my parsimonious nature tells me that I should have a go at making my own frames. Incidentally, the project is not for installing in the house, hence no real need for DG glass panels.
Any comment or advice, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back