joining new 1 1/2 " waste into a cast external stack

2002 Building Regs state it is not allowed to discharge a waste into a hopper. Only exception I believe is as a direct replacement for an exisitng hopper arrangement.

Sponsored Links
2002 Building Regs state it is not allowed to discharge a waste into a hopper. Only exception I believe is as a direct replacement for an exisitng hopper arrangement

Wondered how long it would take someone to quote from the textbooks.

This is the real world.

You carry on bossing into your castiron stack.
I'll be on the next job by the time you've finished.
And customer will be happy as I won't have ripped him with pointless labour and £40 charge for boss.

Seriously, anyone who can be bothered to waste time bossing into a castiron stack when there's an easier and still perfectly legal alternative can't be that busy with work.

2002 Building Regs state it is not allowed to discharge a waste into a hopper. Only exception I believe is as a direct replacement for an exisitng hopper arrangement

Wondered how long it would take someone to quote from the textbooks.

This is the real world.

You carry on bossing into your castiron stack.
I'll be on the next job by the time you've finished.
And customer will be happy as I won't have ripped him with pointless labour and £40 charge for boss.

Seriously, anyone who can be bothered to waste time bossing into a castiron stack when there's an easier and still perfectly legal alternative can't be that busy with work.

So you reckon, cutting the pipe twice, buying a branch and hopper, plus 3 connectors, a length of pipe and a 90% bend is cheaper and quicker than drill one hole and fitting a strap-on boss. :LOL:

Hopper. As long as one is there and it's legal.....otherwise metal holesaw and boss

Sponsored Links
So you reckon, cutting the pipe twice, buying a branch and hopper, plus 3 connectors, a length of pipe and a 90% bend is cheaper and quicker than drill one hole and fitting a strap-on boss.

Eh?
Have you seen the job or something?

No, I thought not. so stop being a drama queen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back