Jointing Compound - Smooth Finish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a sample of a Jointing Compound, I'm trying to match an existing patio pointing. The colour match isn't bad, but the compound has dried with a very coarse grain. Is there a brand of jointing compound that is smooth like normal mortar?

Sponsored Links
I take it uve used brush in compound? All (as far as I'm aware) brush in compounds are granular.....I dont believe there is one that has a smooth texture. You would have to use mortar and point it in to achieve that look.

Yes it's the brush in type. I need to repoint some York Stone paving here and there. I also need to re-lay some capping stones on the surrounding wall and point these too (same stone). Thinking about it the brush in compound would be useless for the capping stones.

Is there a ready mix grout/mortar I can use for pointing that finishes like mortar, and can be pointed in just like mortar? I need it to be a near match to the existing buff mortar?

thanks,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back