Jointless, white kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

We're part way through our kitchen replacement project and are at the stage of deciding what floor covering to use. The old ceramic floor tiles have been removed, along with the adhesive (long job!) and we now have a smooth grey concrete floor about 5 x 4 metres.

My wife informs me that a white floor is to be laid and that there should be no joints. I've done a little research and have so far seen microcrete, resin, vinyl etc. and am getting confused with so much choice.

Any recommendations? I don't think I need ufh, but the finish must be UV stable as it's a south facing room with lots of windows. I suggested polishing the existing floor, but the grey colour is not acceptable. It has to be white.

Thanks for any advice,

Best regards,

Anton

Sponsored Links
Have your base units already been fitted?

Is the floor damp free with a membrane below the concrete?

Using a hard floor covering might raise the FFL to interfere at door thresholds or with appliance access.

Sheet Vinyl comes in large widths and many light shades?

Hi Ree, thanks for your reply. We currently have the old units in place, but could empty the room to fit the new floor. The floor is damp free and there is a membrane below. The finished level could be up to 20mm above the Concrete without issue. I realise vinyl is the easiest option, but want to get some opinions on alternatives before making a final decision.

Thanks again

You can get vinyl up to 4m wide from commercial flooring suppliers; any wider will need to be joined which is done by welding and the joint will be flat and sealed, but may not be completely invisible.

Sponsored Links
On the face of it, Sheet Vinyl would probably be the fist solution if you can find a plain white one, perhaps an alternative would be a very fine finished large ceramic tile that can be butted together without grout lines.

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. We're leaning towards large format ceramic tiles (450 x 900mm) With minimal grout line thickness. The boss is worried about marking/staining vinyl/resin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back