Joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am currently putting an ensuite on 3rd floor of victorian town house and would like some advice re pipe work and the joists.
The joists are about 14ft long and they run from the back of the house into around the middle of the room and they are then attached to the side of joists the same size that run to the front of the house. The joists are spaced at around 2ft intervals so there are quite alot in the floor space. The toilet waste will run the correct way so i can run the waste for that along the joist and out the back of the house, they dont for the shower waste and sink. could i join the sink waste to the shower and then run it through the joists, i dont have to run it though them all but it will be about 5 of them to get to the toilet waste under the floor and join it there and then out. The only other option i can see is run the shower and sink also along the joists and come out the back also, but this will mean coming out at the opposite end of the house to the toilet waste, approx 4m away. Because there is a window just below were the sink waste etc would come out my option would be to drop the waste vertical in the corner of the wall outside and then run it at an angle below the window, would this be okay distance wise. I assume with a vertical drop the distance would be okay as i would have ample fall etc.
I hope this make sense and thanks in advance
Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back