Joule Cyclone Horizontal Un-Vented Cylinder ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was looking through old threads and found one that dealt with the pros and cons of horizontal un-vented cylinders - but the last post on it was 12 years ago and I was wondering if people's views (& the appliances) had changed much.

We're having a loft extension built with an ensuite. We've had a new combi installed in the kitchen - but we're not happy with the amount of hot water it's pushing out and the builder has advised that we could improve the situation by installing a horizontal unvented cylinder (the only room to put it in is under the eaves).

He's recommending ones made by Joule (https://www.jouleuk.co.uk/erp-bom-product/cyclone-horizontal-un-vented-cylinders/)

We've been told (and I've read) various thing about them ranging from "all horizontal tanks are useless) to "they're great". Does anyone here have an informed opinion?

From what I understand there's no issue here with the water pressure or rate of flow - but I'm not expert.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We've been told (and I've read) various thing about them ranging from "all horizontal tanks are useless) to "they're great". Does anyone here have an informed opinion?
Just have it fitted by some one who understands the effects of stratification in hot water storage vessels,ask your builder :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back