judgement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. now im not here knocking womens driving :LOL: but why are most womens judgement on the road inferior to mens ?
E G my wife front seat driving as usual me driving along approaching a parked car, car coming in opposite direction enough room to get a bus thru she shouts STOP .. and when she is driving its the opposite !

she says shes being safety concious i call it a complete lack of judgement :!: i think that applies to most women dont you :?:

Sponsored Links
It's wrong to generalise on any subject.

Jodi Kidd
Vicki Butler Henderson

Not only good drivers.......................

BE HAPPY

I think women sometimes don't have such good spacial judgement as men, but they are usually less aggressive which makes up for it.

That having been said the worst driving I ever saw was a women in a bmw who was obviously late, or mad, or both, and crossed a junction at about 70mph without even slowing down. She shot between traffic like something out of a Jackie Chan film, missing other cars by inches and disapeared over the horizon in the blink of an eye

pickles said:
I think women sometimes don't have such good spacial judgement as men, but they are usually less aggressive which makes up for it.

That having been said the worst driving I ever saw was a women in a bmw who was obviously late, or mad, or both, and crossed a junction at about 70mph without even slowing down. She shot between traffic like something out of a Jackie Chan film, missing other cars by inches and disapeared over the horizon in the blink of an eye

well that counts my wife out shes got a " shake your ass " car :LOL:
im 55 and of all the thousands of miles i have driven in my lifetime I have had 2 minor knocks both within 500 yards from home !! but i dont know what that proves, complacency ? cheers P M

Sponsored Links
My wife's not too bad a driver although she's a bit hard on the gearbox and brakes, however, I was driving her car a couple of weeks ago, with all the family in it, reversing into my sister's driveway, very dark, raining, tight corner, didn't know they'd got one of those miniskips in the drive until I hit it. :oops: Don't think I'll hear the end of that one for a while.

pickles said:

are you saying women don't drive as well as men?or that they just arent good at judging space? if that was a man in the bmw he might have hit something.
well our idea of 6inches is different to theirs :LOL: but seriously, you may be a better driver than your wife{what would she say?} but my wifes a better driver than me, so hell! are men better drivers than women? I thinks its swings and roundabouts.

Many Happy Returns to:

Robert Stemson 21

Sam Lowers 17

May long life, good health and prosperity be yours.

BE HAPPY

I don't know about there, but coin flips both ways. I have a "slight" lead foot although have never been given a ticket. My bro-in-law and sister both-yikes-they don't know how to slow down and wait til last minute to stop and I find myself being back seat driver-I don't ride with them unless I have to.
And there are all types....seen women puttin on makeup while speeding down interstate at 75, seen men "reading" a book -had it propped between him and steering wheel. But we're multi taskers here-we eat, smoke, talk, etc, etc, while driving. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Why does it always come down to what sex you are? :rolleyes:

Surely there are good and bad drivers in both sexes?

I have had a few accidents over the years. But, I hasten to add, that none of them were my fault :p

IMHO, the worst drivers ever are the young 'speedsters' - single male, 25-30 age bracket sporty car, think they own the road! Also, pensioners who can't see properly or haven't got such good reflexes any longer :eek:

My next door neighbour is in his 90's, bless him and he still drives his car - unfortunately, he drives at around 20mph and seems to only look ahead :eek:

He had a full medical last year that passed him fit to drive but when I asked him if they'd put him on a driving simulator he said no - ermmmmmmmmmmmm excuse me doc but try watching him drive!!!!

My hubby knows he need never criticise my driving or I will remind him of the time we pulled into a cider farm and he reversed his car straight into a drain pipe. Trahsing his back bumper & denting the roof where the pipe whacked it on the way down......

I rest my case........

poshman said:
hi.. now im not here knocking womens driving :LOL: but why are most womens judgement on the road inferior to mens ?
I don't know.

Why do insurance company statistics show that they have fewer accidents than men?

Richardp said:
pickles said:

are you saying women don't drive as well as men?or that they just arent good at judging space? if that was a man in the bmw he might have hit something.
well our idea of 6inches is different to theirs :LOL: but seriously, you may be a better driver than your wife{what would she say?} but my wifes a better driver than me, so hell! are men better drivers than women? I thinks its swings and roundabouts.

not in the slightest Richard, i would never say men are better drivers than women, i know my wife is a safer driver than me :LOL:

but for all her yapping at me telling me what im doing wrong shes got a phobia about taking it in a multi story :LOL:

More than we need to know .....
[url=http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:7M38xLckitQJ:www.sirc.org/publik/driving.pdf+driving+mileage+men+versus+women&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=8]The Social Issues Research Centre [/url] said:
..While territorial defence is largely a male prerogative, it is young
men in particular who make the most use of the car as a weapon. In
many cases this is because the automobile is their only personally
owned territory. In Europe and America, getting one's own car is an
important step on the road to independence. The family home is a
territory dominated by parents. The car, on the other hand, is one that
the fledgling adult can control himself. Because it is so closely related
to self definition, the prospect of its being defended is greatly
increased. Later on in life, when other territories such as a home or
one's own office are acquired, the significance of the car in this
respect becomes slightly diminished The territorial component of
the car helps us to understand the cause of the very high rate of car
crashes involving young men........

Direct line said:
....On average, UK motorists travel 9,628 miles a year, with close to a quarter (23 per cent) travelling up to 15,000 miles.
And typically, men drive more than women: 10,902 miles compared to 8,226 for women motorists....

Channel 4 Smart Money said:
When it comes to collisions, men are more likely to have had an accident than women, according to the Norwich Union Crash Index. Young male drivers (17 to 24 year old) believe themselves to be the most confident motorists, yet 91% of those questioned had been involved in an accident.
The Association of British Insurers says the average cost of a claim for a man between 20 and 25 is £2,360. For a woman, it's £1,750. The difference diminishes as drivers mature.
Women tend to drive fewer miles and at a slower pace. They also tend to avoid driving at night and in adverse weather conditions, and their cars are usually older, less powerful models; moreover, some 97% of dangerous-driving offences and 89% of drinking-driving offences are committed by men. Insurers have noticed this statistical tendency to road safety and have targeted women drivers by offering them reduced premiums. This reduction may be presented as a separate discount or it may be written into the premium rates.
:LOL:

PICKLES, the femal driver you spoke of sounds just like my sister.
She actually gave a man driver a bloody nose once.
Would you belive me if I told you she is the sweetest most kind little girl in the world. The only thing is when she gets into a car, yes it's a B M W she gets to be a little devil. If anyone cuts her up or shows (in her eyes ) disrespect,hell hath no fury ect. At her age 57 I tell her it is time to be calm and just smile when other drivers misbehave.
She just gives me one of her sweet little smiles and says **^"!"!*.

What can I say. Girls will be girls.

BEHAPPY

Sponsored Links
Back