Just so many boilers....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to all that just helped me with the last CH problem.

Next dilemna, I'm having a new extension fitted and as part of the work moving the boiler to the util room from the kitchen.

Thought I may renew the existing Potterton Netaheat Profile with a new boiler due to crap efficiency

I have been advised to go for a system boiler (as I would like mains pressure hot water) over a combi system. Is this the right advice? if so can you let me know a good brand etc as I have no idea. I don't want to spend mega bucks but thought around the 3-4k mark?!?!?

Sponsored Links
I would like mains pressure hot water

You need to decide if you want to have a storage cylinder for your hot water. The special "mains pressure" (unvented) storage cylinders cost about £1500 and obviously take up a lot of space.

If you don't want a storage cylinder, the more powerful combi boilers take mains cold water in, heat it up as it passes through the boiler then passes still clean to your hot water taps (at a good rate). The same boiler also heats the dirty CH water, hence "combination" boiler.

A system boiler would force you to have some sort of hot water storage cylinder, these boilers only heat the dirty water in the CH circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back