Just watched CSI New York.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It dealt with issues regarding Buchenwald concentration camp and the things the jews went trhough.
I believe these events should NEVER be allowed to fade into the background. I'm not saying we should harp on about them but they should never be forgotten about or trivialised and todays kids should be taught about the sacrifices these people, and many others, paid so that we may live in a free society. Like Mac Taylors father, my father would never talk about what he did or saw in the war and it is only now,after his death that I have researched the things his ships were involved in and the terrors he must have faced. Anyone alive today should be grateful for the heroes that our parents were during those difficult times.

Sorry to go on but this episode touched me deeply.

Sponsored Links
Yes, we should remember the sacrifices that were made by our grandparents generation. Especially now, whilst the D day commemoration is taking place (don't get me started on the shameful snub to The Queen by the cowardly frogs and our spineless shameful politicians).

Seeing our old soldiers, sailors and airmen (and allied veterans) on parade in Normandy makes me really proud of our past, and very grateful and aware of what they did for future generations. I'm not so entusiastic about our country at present, or the direction it's heading in for the future.

Sponsored Links
Back