K-rend over sand/cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im changing my mind more than my misses nowadays. I was set on doing a sand and cement render purely based on cost but on speaking with a mate, he strongly suggested with my rendering skills and experience (none), that I’d have a much better chance of pulling of a decent job with K-Rend.

So, question: wall needs bringing out almost an inch where it meets the old building wall which isn’t plumb. Can I just bang a sand/cement scratch coat on to bring it out before the more expensive k-rend?

Sponsored Links
What did you end up doing Pillsbury

Im changing my mind more than my misses nowadays. I was set on doing a sand and cement render purely based on cost but on speaking with a mate, he strongly suggested with my rendering skills and experience (none), that I’d have a much better chance of pulling of a decent job with K-Rend.

So, question: wall needs bringing out almost an inch where it meets the old building wall which isn’t plumb. Can I just bang a sand/cement scratch coat on to bring it out before the more expensive k-rend?

I went k-rend route and was glad I did. Where the new plumb wall met the old out of plumb wall, I feathered a sand/cement scratch coat to level it out.

The K-rend went on well. I’m doing it again on the front very soon (almost, using Webber this time purely as they do the colour I want)

You can see my results in my post in the projects section of the forum.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back