K render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my neighbour has started to k rend his property. Before the work started our house was traditionally rendered, our neighbour's had pebble dash, and there was a clean vertical line between the houses. Their base coat has just gone on, and the line between the two houses is no longer a clean one. is this the way it will now remain? Has the base coat been done correctly?

It looks like most of the pebble dash has been removed, but the pebble dash immediately next to our render was left in place and the base coat for the K rend was put on top of it

Our house is on the left in the picture.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Erm... no picture.

I don't know the answer to your question but recently, my mate, Colin the pointer, had to remove the render from a semi-detached brick property. Both properties were rendered and he wanted to ensure a clean line between the two properties.

He got me in to run my Festool plunge angle grinder (on a guide rail) to create a straight and clean line. It worked very well, other than the fact that I had to run it downwards. Upwards would have been much easier, but would have required me to screw the guide rail in to the neighbour's render.

It they had done the above, they could have removed the pebble dash without risking damaging your render.

I think you need to talk to your neighbour. Again, not my area of expertise. I think K rend can be sanded back, but that might damage the paint on your render.

In the mean time, wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to reply

Thanks. The picture is there again. The base coat is now on top of the pebble dash (next to our render). The top coat hasn't gone on yet. Will this cause any problems?

Also, I can see the brick work through the base coat. Is that usual at this stage?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back