Keep it Green

Council were stopping you getting adverse possession.

Land grabbing I think they call it.

My plan was to landscape with wild garden. Street lighting that I would pay for and a bin for public use that I would empty.

I didn't fence off or make a drive for a car, even though I could have done.

Sponsored Links
Gardening in many cases is anti green imo ???

Have a lye in on a Sunday and the fruit cake next door chimes his mower up belching fumes all over the place as well as shattering the peace

If it isn’t him it’s the fruit cakes down the local church with there bell ringing

Go about ones bussiness and you end up getting yer ear bent listening to the whinging about some mole that’s under his lawn digging a tunnel

Sponsored Links
Would it not be more "green" to compost your own garden waste?
the council have been composting it for years and making a good profit from it also certain stuff wont compost . And how green is it to scrap tens of thousands of plastic bins and provide tens of thousands of plastic compost bins

I do my own composting and very surprised how many bugs & worms made it their home for the winter.

A successful season it was.

Chuck your dog shoite on there too then (y)

My neighbours bins lids flew open the other night. I picked it all up in the morning. I picked random bins to put rubbish back in.
I may have put somebodies else's rubbish in another person's bin.

Is that wrong of me?

Should I have taken it home with me and put it in my bin?

No point asking the council as they'll send you jumping through hoops all about health and safety and all that.

I regularly plant trees around my neighbourhood to spruce up the area and attract wildlife.
I also cut and maintain the grass on the side of the road where I live.

A reduction in council tax would be great. Can't see it happening though.
I wouldn't go so far as planting trees willy-nilly around the neighbourhood but a seed bombing mission is good fun (for all ages).

But why wouldn't a proposal to reduce Council Tax work?
Countries like Denmark and Finland are always among the top rated places to live in the world and they have a policy of higher taxes to pay for better public services and environmental policies than anywhere else, so instead of raising taxes in the UK, why not offer reductions for homes that are Greener and cleaner than their neighbours?

I do my own composting and very surprised how many bugs & worms made it their home for the winter.

A successful season it was.
Do not put dog poop in your compost: it contains a number of nasty parasites and pathogens. If you maintain a well-looked after compost at home, these will eventually be killed after a year. Even so, all compost that has been produced using dog poop to only be used for non-edible plants. Hardcore Hippies in the 70s would use their own waste to supplement their compost but soon stopped when they discovered it's a great way to catch something much worse than a cold.

Maintaining a constant core temperature is the hardest thing to do with compost - and i have to be real careful forking it over as frogs will hang out in there hunting worms, slugs and bugs. Delish.:sick:

From the bloke with the 'murcan crap heap :ROFLMAO:

Er no

I am the bloke with the restored classic car(s) that I don’t keep around my house

Mind you I started the Norton up a good while back and some fruit cake neighbour came around and whinged

Said he was having his tea (?) asked him does he eat with his ears ? Than told him to go and do one

Never liked the bloke any way

Well, it is your dog's ****.
True my dogs shìt does belong to me. However I've often picked up others dog poo that been left on the path so that people don't step on it
(Mrs Bod has also)

Do I carry that around with me on my walk? Or do as I do stick it in a random bin that's been left at the edge if their garden?

I got land on the side of my house that I have always maintained.

Last summer I spent alot of time and money putting in sleepers to stop people from parking on the grass. Lots of plants and wild seeds. It looked good.

The council were alerted to what I have done and made me rip it all out.

Yet around the rest of the estate people park their vans and cars on the pavements a grass, churning it all up and making it look shut.

The council do nothing to stop this.

Nice to read somebody else with civic pride. Well done for making an effort and shame on the council jobsworths.

My late Great Aunt lived on a stretch of road set back from the main road. In between it and her road was a large section grass with trees. The residents helped maintained that patch of land and even planted bulbs which flowered in Spring. She was the last 'original resident' of that road, having lived there since 1947. They're all gone now and the new owners, although alright to talk to do not care a jot for 'curb appeal' -- none have maintained the patch of land on the front, they all park on it and have torn it up with tyre tracks. Having been to that house since I was born I hate driving past it.

I remember my late Great Uncle who would be out on the front every week pulling up weeds, painting his front wall every other year, keeping the windows washed, etc.! I'm proud to keep the front of my own home well-presented.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back