Kenmore not cleaning dishes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last several washes have resulted in dirty dishes and dishwasher soap left on them. Both the upper and lower racks are effected. I have checked that the dishes are stacked properly, added a rinse to help with hard water, but the problem is getting worse. How do I check for other water temp, water pressure, clogs, etc.? Or am I on the wrong track?

Sponsored Links
You have obviously removed and cleaned the filters, but have you also checked the washer arm holes? these can get clogged with food particles.

If you open the washer during a cycle, does it have the correct amount of water in it?

Does your machine have a container for salt to refresh the water softener, and is this full?

Thanks for the tips on troubleshooting. We checked each point made, but was surprised to find that the problem was with the water temperature. Recently we had our kitchen remodeled, and the mechanic hooked the washer's water hose to the cold water line. So all this time, the washer has not had hot water to use. Even using the hotwater booster built into the washer was not enough to clean the dishes. A simple change on the water hose and the problem has been fixed! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back