Kerb edge to drip edge detail confusion (EPDM)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am designing my own flat roof for a 6m extension. The two long sides will have kerb edges and the rear edge will be a drip edge into a gutter. Due to the length of the building the upstands on the corners will be around 100mm, this means the kerb trim and the drip trim will not meet in the corner, therefore standard corner trim pieces wont work. I have tried researching this online and can't seem to find A. any product to overcome this, or B. any photos that clearly show this kind of design.

Drawing attached for clarity

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 23.13.41.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-10 at 23.13.41.png
    124 KB · Views: 648
Sponsored Links
I don't understand why you have 100mm kerbs.
What is the covering, epdm?

The kerbs for epdm are designed to work in tandem with the drip edge.
The kerb runs in line with the roof.

Sponsored Links
The kerbs for epdm are designed to work in tandem with the drip edge.
The kerb runs in line with the roof.

It seems as though the trims and corner pieces that come with EPDM kits are only really designed to work with level flat roofs, or those with very small slopes. I think if I want a tidy corner detail piece to cover a big upstand like this it needs to be custom made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back