EPDM on flat dormer roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm building a dormer across the back of the house (first floor in extended roof space) and need some help with the edge details of EPDM single ply system.

I was thinking of using 'Easyfit Roof Edge Trims' details here http://www.plytech.co.uk/installation.html but I'm not sure how to finish the intersection where the kerb trim meets the pitch roof so that soakers can be used at the abutment of the roof tiles with the dormer cheek.
A roofer I spoke to said that I would need to cut the fascia and any trims at the pitch angle 65mm above the rafter so that the plain tiles can fit underneath and to fold a piece of lead over the junction, underneath the EPDM, under which he can fit the soakers. This leaves me with the dilemma of how to fix the EPDM over the edge between the cut end of fascia and the pitched roof and how to stop water spilling over the side at this point.

The only solution I can think of is to recess the back of the fascia so that the upstand of the soaker can slide behind the fascia and get the tiler to cut the tiles around the fascia/trim perhaps using a wider than normal soaker.

There's probably a very simple and straightforward way of dealing with this but I just can't think of it.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back