The Cheek!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I am in the throws of building a full dormer on the house.
Standard ugly looking thing
Will be plain tile hung to all sides with EPDM and warm roof.

Two , or maybe more questions...

I can not find any details about flashing AND soakers for a plain tile dormer cheek. I have come to the conclusion that no flashing is required as the tiles should prevent water getting behind the new lead soakers against the cheek walls. Am i missing something?

Also I hadn't though about how to finish the fascia and sofit into/onto the roof where it meets the sloping roof,ridge and chimney. Epdm will be dressed over with check kerb to sides but what is the the correct method of taking the EPDM to the ridge at that point. I am assuming i need to cut the EPDM?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_1037.JPG
    DSC_1037.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC_1043.JPG
    DSC_1043.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 340
Sponsored Links
you do not need a flashing to the cheeks, soakers are fine. You do of course need a front apron flashing , make sure the corners are formed correctly and the soakers empty onto it.
Do not forget trays under the windows ..

Thanks for reply and info. Do you have an explanation of the connection between the cheek fascia and soffit with the top of the pitched roof and ridge? Will this also need lead or do I take the rubber over ridge and tape the corner?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back