flat roof edge detailing

So the question remains, is a fascia board required and if so how to fix it?
Having fitted a new EPDM roof to my garage a few months ago, I don't see any way you will be able to pin the upstands in without some sort of vertical board.
I also don't think you would be able to attach a fascia to the edge of the OSB very easily, so IMO the best solution is to replicate what is already there and add a wooden upstand above the OSB. It is only a couple of extra lengths of wood so I can't imagine it will break the bank...

Sponsored Links
Thanks higgy but that creates another issue with how to finish the EPDM.

I guess I could run the EPDM over the upstand (and lose the trims) and lose the edge of the EPDM under the fascia. Not sure that would look as good as the EPDM trim though

Thanks higgy but that creates another issue with how to finish the EPDM.

I guess I could run the EPDM over the upstand (and lose the trims) and lose the edge of the EPDM under the fascia. Not sure that would look as good as the EPDM trim though
Why can't you run the EPDM over a wooden upstand, overlapping a fascia board and then pin it against the fascia with the EPDM upstand?

Sponsored Links
yep good idea, bit of extra cost but probably the best solution. Thanks
This is pretty much what I did at one edge in order to get the fascia level. I think it looks pretty neat. Sorry, not got a clear photo from below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-092950.png
    Screenshot_20220824-092950.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
Yep thats looks like what I will have to do which seems silly as the whole point of the edge trim it to do away with the up-stand!

What's the objection to a fascia? Take the existing off and see what's underneath - you'll probably have to do some making good and will get a better idea how to proceed - chances are that you'll need something (ie a fascia) to cover the cut bricks forming the slope of the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back