EDPM Roof Repair Patch

Well I'm totally inexperienced but strongly suspect it's GRP. The only EPDM I've handled was sort of like vinyl cushion floor to the touch, and I'm sure you know what a fibreglass bath feels and sounds like. Personally I agree with cdbe's suggestion of capping it. Provided it's not leaking at the moment and you cut it down to ~3 inches or so and then use a female cap I can't see how that's any worse than patching a hole and it's a whole lot less work and requires no expertise.

You could even fill the inside with the dreaded expanding foam so you aren't really losing anything in terms of insulation.
That's a good shout, when you say fit it with a female cup what product do you mean?

Also the builder got a durgo valve to cap the soil stack on the inside so we could lower the soil stack and still use it for sink and dishwasher waste. Presumably this is irrelevant to the capping of the top?

Sponsored Links
It is grp. Get a mushroom cowl and sit that on top of the pipe that is already there. Assuming it's been cut below roof level

Sponsored Links
Hi Kevin,

I'd use a product like Mariseal Detail for that. It has a lot more movement than GRP/Fibreglass, so it would be ideal for a patch repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back