Keter shed door gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, posting for the first time.
Just assembled a Keter Scala shed. All aligned up properly but there is a gap between the double doors which will certainly let rain in. Not sure what adjustments I can make apart from put in some kind of seal on the inside or outside. Any suggestions on the kind of seal I would use for this purpose please?

Pictures of the gap and the left door where a seal could possibly be fitted.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• door1.jpg
    door1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 254
  • door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 313
Sponsored Links
A door height plastic strip of suitable width attached by solvent weld glue to the stop on the left hand door.

Blup

Oh! thank you for the suggestion. I was thinking along similar lines but didn't know what exactly to get. Do these have a particular name so I can google to buy one?

These plastic sheds are hugely influenced by any base that isn't completely flat.....any discrepancy always affects any gaps.
One thought is to pop rivet a length of aluminium plate - say 60mm x 3mm thick or whatever - fixed to the closing door.
Helps security too, to a small degree.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you John. We have moved the shed onto a firm base and the problem still exists. I'll check out the plate as well. Rivets could be a bit complicated for me! Also waiting for a good downpour to work out how the problem is!

Last edited:
A firm base also needs to be dead level, Anna - or the shed will be the shape of a parallelogram which will give door gap issues.
Anyway, if you need some other seal, nuts and bolts or self tapping screws can replace pop rivets if you like.
John :)

Oh! thank you for the suggestion. I was thinking along similar lines but didn't know what exactly to get. Do these have a particular name so I can google to buy one?

Search ebay for Solid Plastic PVC Flat Bar / Strip (White) - Various Sizes

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back