Kettling X200 Treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is Ketling and I would like to add some Sentinel Rapid Dose X200 Descaler as I have heard that its quite good.

Does anyone know how many radiators does Sentinel Rapid Dose X200 Descaler 400ml treat?

I have 18 rads

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Descaler is designed to treat a kettling boiler!

Not for treating rads!

Telling us your boiler make and model would be a better start!

Tony

If you use it correctly then you will isolate all the rads and use it in the hot water mode.

The water content of the boiler and cyl heating coil is only about 10 litres or less so its action will be concentrated where it is needed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Descaler is designed to treat a kettling boiler!

Not for treating rads!
If that's the case, why do Sentinel recommend leaving it in the system?

They also say that one cannister is sufficient for 8 to 10 rads, so 18 rads will require two cannisters.

18 rads stick 2 bottles in can take a week or so to quieten down

You only need one can ( or really just a half ) if used first just for the boiler an dcylinder.

It can be left in after it has hopefully done the job in the boiler and the rads then turned back on.

Tony

If that's the case, why do Sentinel recommend leaving it in the system?

They also say that one cannister is sufficient for 8 to 10 rads, so 18 rads will require two cannisters.

X200 can be left in the system for convenience and because it will continue working.

Only an armchair expert would want to use two bottles when, properly used, only one is required.

Furthermore, by closing all the rads the concentration applied to the boiler will be higher.

Sentinel want to sell their product. There is no incentive for them to tell you how to use it economically!

Tony

X200 can be left in the system for convenience and because it will continue working.

Furthermore, by closing all the rads the concentration applied to the boiler will be higher.
I agree that only one bottle should be necessary if you circulate it through the HW circuit only. But when the job is finished and the heating circuit is opened, the product is now mixed with a much larger volume of water, so the concentration is reduce considerably. If it's not high enough the continual protection will be seriously compromised.

Gas112, you better get out of that arm chair :D

How can you suggest two bottles when a wee tablespoon is all that is required :eek:

Agile would you like to explain to me how your one bottle will not filter down the return an be diluted into the entire system .

Also how are you going to get it into the system initially ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back