Key for Self Closure Door Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anybody help - I have recently moved into a flat in Manchester and on the front door which I assume is there for fire safety reasons, there is a self closure which is not operating correctly - it does not slow down the door and slams shut especially if there is a window open which creates a vacuum. I have looked online and cannot find a key which I can buy to adjust it - it has a circle on the side with two holes inside it which I assume needs some sort of device to operate it.

It is difficult to explain but I hope somebody can understand it and point me in the right direction to obtain such a key.

Thanks in advance

Savvyshopper

Sponsored Links
Can you upload some pictures of this device?
It may help resolving your problem, if we can see what it is, that is causing the problem.

Thanks for your reply - I'm not there at the moment, but will try and upload a picture later - once again I do appreciate your reply

Savvyshopper

No problems, it's always good to have picture of the offending article.
Gives a better chance to come to the correct solution.
Is it an over head or concealed closer?
Just re-read your post, brain not woke up just yet.
The two holed, valve adjuster, if turn clockwise should should slow the closing speed down, a special tool should not be needed, end of a screwdriver or something with a slightly pointed end should move it.
If it does not work clockwise then try anti-clockwise.

Sponsored Links
Thanks once again for your reply - I shall give this a try and if it does not resolve the issue I will post a picture. Thank you very much

Savvyshopper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back