Kia Sportage overheating 51plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I could really do with some help here!!
A few months ago the car (Kia Sportage 51) was over heating and leaking water. I used the Rad weld treatment.... it seemed fine. Then it started to overheat again, we found out the fan wasn't spinning so i have replaced that but it still keeps over heating. It's not leaking water anywhere so now i can't drive it any further than 2 miles before it over heats again. I have been told to remove the thermostat for now but when I went to do this the thermostat isn't there!!! I don't think there is any antifreeze in it at the moment...... would that make a huge difference?? There isn't any oil in the rad/water either so I'm not convinced it's the head gasket.....well fingers crossed it's not!
Also the front of the rad is cold even though it's saying that it's overheating?
Would appreciate any suggestions! :)

Sponsored Links
I'm not trying to sound patronising here, but are you looking in the correct place for the thermostat? I think its where the top rad hose joins onto the block - the stat is under a cover there.
If its definitely gone then that has to be for a reason....sounds like someone has been here before!
If the car is kicking water out, I think that there is a good chance that the head gasket has gone, unfortunately.
Make sure the main radiator is flushed out, of course.
John :)

If the radiator is cold and the engine hot without a thermostat, I would check for air lock and bleed the system. don't forget to put the interior heater to hot before you bleed it.

;)

Sponsored Links
Back