Kick up at eves too much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I've had a nightmare with roofers recently and this is actually the second time I've had my roof done. The first was a disaster using the old tiles then this one was all new using a reputable company near me.

I'm happy with the job this company have done bar one thing I'm not sure about. Before they came he asked me to measure my fascia and as there was no scaff up I couldn't get to what was on the house. I had some in the garden I assumed was from when the house was done which was 190mm

When they came to strip the roof and fascia it turned out the fascia on the house was 150mm. I told him what they'd ordered was 190mm and he said that was fine and wouldn't need cutting. This is thick stuff, maybe 12mm, so all the bird stops and eaves trays were fixed to this. This has resulted in quite a kick on the first course of tiles. Is it too much? I think when it rains hard the water might even skip over the gutters.

What are your thoughts guys?

IMG_20210420_124510.jpg
IMG_20210420_113900.jpg
IMG_20210420_113150.jpg
IMG_20210420_113747.jpg
IMG_20210408_164631.jpg

Sponsored Links
Might be able to double up the first batten ..failing that cut the fascia

Do you think its kicking up too much then? Issue is the scaff has gone now!

I think splitting the difference by putting a slight raise on the first batten like you say might be the easiest way to go. Would that kick the second course too much though?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's more sprocket than you should have.
Packing up is s cheat that is easy to do . You will hardly notice the second course

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back