Redland 49 kick up on roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, haven't posted in a while

Midway through another extension and every time I get to tiling the roof, or a roof, the kick up of the tile never sits right, this roof is 17.5 degrees.

At the moment I've got the tiles sitting on the fascia.

I've seen people put a double battern under the first course to kick the tile up and have them running in plain and other people cut the soffit of the rafter to bring the soffit and fascia up higher?

I know the tiles are supposed to run in "plain" and not kick up to high on a low pitch roof

Vented soffit aswell, no fascia vent

What's the best way to get this right lads

Try upload some pick pics

Sponsored Links
You can lay three or four tiles up the roof then move the fascia up or down to suite. or at least a bit of wood acting as the fascia then you can measure the distance the fascia sit above the rafter. I hope that makes sense

Sponsored Links
Hi Catlad, yes mate it makes sence, I've had to put a Battern Behind the fascia for to kick it up.

Future reference should I cut the soffit of the Rafter to achieve my height, measure out 200mm and plum cut, then cut the soffit of the rafter

If you are using 7x2" or bigger rafters then getting a fascia to cover that can be a problem so trimming the bottom of the rafter for the soffit is a good way to minimise the size of the fascia. You only need approx 5" to fix your fascia to so when you are cutting your rafters you can make the cut for the soffit at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back