Kingspan, fixings and brick ties

4 Mar 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I am buying my own material and the builder has left me a list of things to buy!

He wants me to buy
50mm kingspan.
Kingspan fixings.
Brick ties.

Hes building me a cavity wall which has a 50mm cavity, I assume the kingspan goes in the cavity, the kingspan fixings hold it against the brick work ? The brick ties hold the bricks together.. but their are some many products can someone give me some guidance on what to buy! PLEASE.

Sponsored Links
Or you could do full fill with 100mm Knauf Dritherm 37 and forget about his shoddy brickwork skills! Then all you gotta buy is some stainless steel wall ties suitable for your wall, which will be 100+100cavity+100 presumably. Got to any merchant and ask for their cheapest stainless steel ties to suit the wall make up. they will ask you how long, tell them its a 300mm wall and bobs your uncle.
I assume it was a typing error when you say he's building a 50mm cavity wall using 50mm wingspan cos if it wasn't your in for a world of agro
Damp city.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local