Closing/tying a cavity. problem

Sponsored Links
lmao your funny woody, simple answer is why dont he get a longer steel so he has no pier,or if thats not possible just block bond it, good night all

And will you go and lift this big MF of a steel in for him :eek: :p lol

Not me thanks, my back's twitching already

Seriously though, you and I may block bond it in a hour or so (not sure about noesall :rolleyes: ), but if the OP is a DIYer, then he may want something easier
:LOL:

Thanks again for all your replys, they are most helpfull.

Noseall, thats well spotted. The building inspector did mention that the rsjs should be bolted but backed off saying that tying the walls would be acceptable. :D

fastneattrowel, What do you mean virus? I'm a computer moron, lol, have to get a friend to help post on this!! It's only a picture. Thanks v much for your help though. :D

I'm leaning towards the block bonding method as my 'extremely fussy' building inspector did accept removing and bricking across every other half brick to tie the cavity. Think he will go for block bonding!

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for all your replys, they are most helpfull.

Noseall, thats well spotted. The building inspector did mention that the rsjs should be bolted but backed off saying that tying the walls would be acceptable. :D

fastneattrowel, What do you mean virus? I'm a computer moron, lol, have to get a friend to help post on this!! It's only a picture. Thanks v much for your help though. :D

I'm leaning towards the block bonding method as my 'extremely fussy' building inspector did accept removing and bricking across every other half brick to tie the cavity. Think he will go for block bonding!
you should had told that stupid inspector a brick would be to short ,ring him up and tell what i said fruit )

Ha ha, I would love too tell him but when I argued with him last time he got very difficult and started asking me about the electrical work and various other things i've had done. I don't think its worth provoking him, its like poking a wasps nest, i'll get stung.

the photo link is spot on.

it would have been a lot simpler to have had the beams drilled and bolted. ;)

Ha ha, I would love too tell him but when I argued with him last time he got very difficult and started asking me about the electrical work and various other things i've had done. I don't think its worth provoking him, its like poking a wasps nest, i'll get stung.
lol i know what you mean fruit i have two visiting each time sometimes i have to hide other work lol yes thats spot on like nose said

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. Have made a start today and everything is going great! :D

Looking at the photo and bearing (no pun intended) in mind these are load bearing, thus needing support as works are carried out....I would have gone the whole hog and rebuilt the piers each end and made sure that there was 150mm min sitting on new padstone.

All IMHO of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back