Tying a brick fascia to the inner block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am building a garage at the bottom of my garden out of concrete blocks. It is going to be single skin with pillars for added strength. I want the wall facing into the garden to look good but don't want to paint or render it so I am going to build a brick fascia skin onto the outside of the blocks. My question is, how do I tie the bricks to the blocks?
I have seen how it is done with a proper cavity wall (metal ties with dripper shaped into them) but how should I do it on mine as I was planning to only have a 10mm gap between the bricks and the blocks. Can you get shorter ties?

Might be a silly question but I just want it done right.

Thanks is advance for your help and advice.

Ant

Sponsored Links
Lay the ties across the gap at a 45 degree angle so neither end is protruding.

Sponsored Links
or just do it right an sat out your face work then in fill the inside with cav batts an wall tyes an have a propper cavity??????
or just use hellifix tyes when your done they just drill stright in from block work

helifix are the best hands down thats why there soo well known
Ill have to say twistfix isnt all that but still come into there own

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back