Kitchen and bathroom paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do some on here baulk at the thought of it, doesn't it do what is says on tin ?

Sponsored Links
howiel said:
Why do some on here baulk at the thought of it, doesn't it do what is says on tin ?

No it does'nt IMHO......unless it's been improved since I last used it...more than 10 yrs ago.? It wont brush out (sticky) nor flow out (brushmarks) and though the edge has set it will still run (sags).... :evil:

If a customer wants this I will only use the trade version which is Dulux Quick Drying Eggshell... which I can thin out a little and get a nice solid brush/ roller mark free finish in two coats.. and when cured will be as tough if not better than solvent based eggshell. Well thats my experience anyhow... :LOL:

As mentioned - it's garbage. You cut in round the edges of the wall with a brush, then when you go over it with a roller it picks up the paint you brushed on and it goes kinda stringy. Yes it's thick and yes it runs.
Steer well clear.

Sponsored Links
I personaly find it brilliant stuff, ive never had any problems with applying it..:cool:

Its all down to an individuals ability and expertise really....:cool:

I have been using it for years and always reccommend it..ive never had a run or a sag in it....:cool:

I guess its all about the amount of painting experience you have had and how deft you are with the ol hand skills...:cool:

And........

if you beleive that you'l beleive anything!

I ditto the guys above, its horrible...sticky and ive had all the bad experiences the other guys have had too..

Its the only paint that ive had problems with runs and sags..well apart from when I havnt been watching what I should be doing!

Steer well clear...and while your steering clear, give diamond matt a wide berth too for the same reasons

What would you guys advise be used instead of the dreaded bathroom/kitchen paint?

Dulux soft sheen.

And Zampa, when I read your first post, I was getting ready to search the forum and quote you saying that it's awful stuff. :p You tease you! :D

Zampa said:
I personaly find it brilliant stuff, ive never had any problems with applying it..:cool:

Its all down to an individuals ability and expertise really....:cool:

I have been using it for years and always reccommend it..ive never had a run or a sag in it....:cool:

I guess its all about the amount of painting experience you have had and how deft you are with the ol hand skills...:cool:
Pmsl, anyway that would be the response from the paint makers technical team................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back