Kitchen base units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to set my kitchen units at 870mm from floor.
Two issues.
1) Range cooker height would mean (if using 40mm worktop) i would need to set height at 855mm to be flush but leaves no adjustment in legs)
2) if i put height to save cutting kick boards i would need base units at 895mm.
What to do?

Sponsored Links
Cannot see an issue with range cooker being a little higher than worktop each side. If its like mine the hotplates are flush with top of cooker, so if cooker is not a bit higher than the worktop then the bottom of any saucepans etc could catch edge of worktop if they are pushed to the side.

But the feet can be cut down if you run out of adjustment on the screw. The legs pull off the round cabinet fixing plate and you can simply cut off some of the length. We just cut some feet down by 50mm for an office desk.
If you require additional height add exterior ply blocks under the feet.
So don't worry, make sure you get the cooker and worktop at the right levels.

Cannot see an issue with range cooker being a little higher than worktop each side. If its like mine the hotplates are flush with top of cooker, so if cooker is not a bit higher than the worktop then the bottom of any saucepans etc could catch edge of worktop if they are pushed to the side.

But the feet can be cut down if you run out of adjustment on the screw. The legs pull off the round cabinet fixing plate and you can simply cut off some of the length. We just cut some feet down by 50mm for an office desk.
If you require additional height add exterior ply blocks under the feet.
So don't worry, make sure you get the cooker and worktop at the right levels.

Just read your thread again and I do not think I understood it correctly.
Ideally you want top of worktops at 900mm, but this depends on floor levels etc.
You may have to lift your range cooker up on a plinth if it is not height adjustable to get it to the correct height.
And unfortunately you probably will have to rip down your plinths. They are there so you can scribe them to an uneven floor.

Do you have surplus width on the kitchen space, my wife is short so kept oven low and stepped down to it either side with 80mm free either side.Infill panels on front. My top is tiled so heat close by has been fine, you can add a metal trim to vertical surface adjacent.

Sponsored Links
Be careful you dont put the kitchen in too low if your fitting appliances under the worktops,- washing machine etc are usually around 840 tall !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back